type='image/x-icon'/> Gamers Corner thoughts on 3D games

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gamers Corner thoughts on 3D games

It seems as of recent that the price on 3d TV's has started to drop and get into the price range of the "normal person."  I'm wondering what this now in reach technology will mean for games.  I think it would be pretty cool to play something like GTA or COD in 3D.  On the other hand, we gamers sit down for hours at a time to play.  It's kind of a toss up whether this will be a good or bad thing for the game industry.  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I think it will be amazing!
    For example 3D shooting game,
    when you see the enemies popping from their hideout, it will be much more realistic then the 2D games we play currently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I'm excited the technology is finally here. Unfortunately, the price on the TV itself needs to come down a bit more for me. It's almost there, but not quite. Especially since we just bought our HD tv last year and there's really nothing wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dream would be having a console that uses 4 screens. Front back right and left.

    This way enemies come the true perspective
    and you would need to physically turn to right,left, behind or front to shoot.

    Granted, the cost is not customer freindly
    but it would be interesting to try.

    But for the 3d era, I would have to agree
    I am a bit stoked to see what they do with it.

    ReplyDelete